PlanetGriff.com Forum Index

Register

PlanetGriff.com Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

These forums are now closed are remain visible only for historical interest. If you wish to discuss Griff, please visit our Facebook Discussions. Thank you.

I feel the need for some speed - PocketPC 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlanetGriff.com Forum Index -> PlanetGriff News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: I feel the need for some speed - PocketPC 2003 Reply with quote

When I bought my IPAQ 3630 I never for one moment thought it would still be the fastest Griff platform 3 years later. This looks finally set to change with the introduction of machines such as the Dell Axim X5 and the Ipaq 2215 - based on the combination of PocketPC 2003 and the 400MHz processor and 200mhz memory bus. Although not officially released yet, PocketPC 2003 from Microsoft looks like it will take advantage of the increased bus size of the latest Pocket PC's. This is great news for Griff fans as this will ultimately mean....more fun!
azz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an oportunity to buy one of these Ipaq 3630 second hand and seeing I have never used Griff before do you think this will be enough for me..
I make alot of music already on my pc using logic 5.5 and lots more but I want to be able to get down some melodies etc etc while I am at work or on the move..
I live in Australia and these pda are still expensive here. I can probably get a good deal on a compcq ipaq 3630 that my boss has and want s to sell..
What do you think?
daniel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: 3630 fast enough ? Reply with quote

The 36xx series is, for my money, the best bangs per buck you can get in the PocketPC world. I'd definitely go for it.

Faster performers will come along (Anything running PocketPC 2003 seems to be faster at the moment) but they will all carry a price premium for the forseable future.

Daniel Webb
PlanetGriff Citizen
http://www.planetgriff.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlanetGriff.com Forum Index -> PlanetGriff News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: